The Ponte Vista project is currently going though the City of Los Angeles approval process. Highlights of the process include:
- A new traffic study has been completed, and has been released as part of the Draft Environmental Impact Report
- The new Draft EIR was released on November 8, 2012
- DEIR Comment period closed January 7, 2013.
- Release of Final EIR is expected in 1st quarter, 2013
- Los Angeles City Planning Commission hearings expected 2nd quarter, 2013
The 830-Unit Plan: The Right Fit for San Pedro
The Ponte Vista project team announced that the developer, iStar Financial, plans to seek entitlements for the reduced-density alternative studied in the DEIR. This plan includes 208 single-family homes covering nearly 50% of the Ponte Vista site.
Following in-depth conversations with the community as well as the Council office, it is clear that the 830-unit plan is clearly preferred by many in the community.
The reduced-density alternative meets the project’s overall goal: to design and build a project that exceeds the community’s expectations, and bring high-quality new homes to San Pedro.
For a copy of the press release, please click here.